Friday, December 20, 2013

TIRE REMOVAL & ANOTHER NEW FRIEND


Friday, December 20, 2013.
Today I took the wheels and rims to that AMSA shop on base and was able to disassemble them. What a pain in the ass. If it wasn't for the tire changing machine I never would've gotten them off and would've had to cut them off with a sawlzall. Once I figured out the machine it was easy work and had all five of them done in less than an hour.  I then was able to utilize their power washer to power wash some of the sheet-metal parts and the transmission/transfer frame support that's going to the sandblaster.  The frame support was completely covered with half an inch of oily mud that looked like it'd been there since 1953. Forming this relationship with the team leader Paco at the military maintenance shop is turning out to be an awesome experience and most beneficial.  I am also able to use their sandblasting booth whenever I need to.  It’s a smaller model and doesn’t really work that well but I will be able to do all of the smaller parts there myself and hopefully save a lot of money. 




No comments:

Post a Comment